Pepper Plant Hot Sweet Heat 4″
- Genus: Capsicum
- Species: annuum
- Variety: Sweet Heat Hybrid
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 10 seeds
- Days to Maturity: 54
- Fruit Color: Green
- Habit: Compact
- Seeds Per Pack: 10
- Plant Height: 10 in – 12 in
- Plant Width: 12 in – 16 in
- Additional Characteristics: Easy Care Plants, Edible
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Harvest Season: Mid Summer, Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Heat Tolerant, Humidity Tolerant, Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy
- Uses: Baskets, Beds, Containers, Cuisine, Outdoor
54 days from transplanting.
Who says you can’t have it all? Sweet Heat is the perfect combination of sugary goodness and spicy heat . . . with a little smoky flavorful thrown in for good measure!
Though classified as a hot pepper, Sweet Heat scores a tongue-friendly 329 on the Scoville heat scale. These oblong, plump little peppers, just 3½ inches long and about 1½ inches in diameter, redefine “mild,” because they are packed with distinctive flavor yet not so much heat that they can only be eaten by the bold.
Sweet Heat also wins fans with its quick maturity. This pepper goes from transplanting to harvesting in under 2 months, which is amazing for any variety. And it packs 65% more Vitamin C into its fruit than most others, so you get an extra pop of nutrition with every bite!
Bushy, compact, and well-branched, this plant is terrific in containers as well as the vegetable patch. Unlike many peppers, it is a bit wider than it is tall: expect it to reach 10 to 12 inches high and spread 12 to 16 inches wide. Great size for patio tubs and tall planters, where its fruit-laden branches can loll over all sides!
Sweet Heat peppers are ideal for fresh eating as well as in salsas, salads, and cooked dishes. They grill beautifully, the open fire enhancing their natural smoky notes. And they are just the right size to slice in half and fill with a savory spread for a cool summer appetizer!